Field of study: Psychology
Study program: School psychology
Expand your scientific knowledge of psychology at Pan-European University in Bratislava. Doctoral study program will make you a real expert in the field of school psychology and will prepare you for the scientific career.
GOAL AND PROFILE OF THE GRADUATE
The goal of the doctoral study program is to prepare the student for independent and creative scientific work. As a PhD student, you will gain scientific skills based on current scientific knowledge and by your own scientific research and creative activities, you will contribute to the development of scientific knowledge in your field of study. Doctoral studies require a high workload and the ability to effectively organize your scientific and academic activities.
Students will be deeply acquainted with the scientific potential and current development trends, will be familiar with the latest results in the field and will be able to apply these results. The area of school psychology is enriched by a new and non-traditional dimension – the dimension of “biodiversity”. It is a dimension of the training and education of a psychologist working in the process of education, which takes place throughout the human pathway, starting with the psychology of education in the developmental period of pre-school and school age, pubescence and adolescence, younger and middle adulthood, and old age. Graduates will be able to engage themselves in scientific research, pedagogical work, national and transnational institutions, international structures.
All graduates of these study programs receive the highest academic and scientific degree Doctor (Doctor of Philosophy, Philosophiæ Doctor) and are entitled to use a PhD degree.
The graduate of the proposed study program will be a mature scientist with knowledge of the social system and education in a wider context. And with regard to the psychological, educational, economic and organizational aspects of national and transnational communities and institutions. Graduates will specialize in school psychology. Graduates of the doctoral program of the school psychology program control scientific methods of psychological research, are able to solve the full range of educational problems, carry out expertise, counseling and consulting activities for the state, self-governing and non-governmental institutions, lecture theoretical and methods of school psychology at universities.
Fields of application of a graduate:
- in the academic field of preparation, coordination and management of domestic and international scientific teams,
- within national, European and regional institutions to develop educational, educational psychological projects, expertise and analysis,
- as authors of scientific publications,
- as active representatives of the academic community at domestic and international professional forums, conferences and seminars,
- in the pedagogical process they will provide a good basis for improving the quality of pedagogical work in the area of psychology at home and abroad universities.
In the third stage of the study, attention is focused on a careful orientation in past and present trends, concepts and theories about social, educational and psychological phenomena, together with their application to the chosen field of research. Doctoral study is also oriented to an interdisciplinary approach to the problem studied and requires familiarization with other disciplines than the specific focus of a dissertation work.
Practical and complementary skills
- Preparing, coordinating and conducting domestic and international research projects;
- Creative contribution to the development of the theoretical foundations of the department;
- Expertise and analytics;
- Publishing activity in local and foreign reviewed scientific periodicals;
- Pedagogical and counseling activities;
- Representation of the academic community in domestic and foreign professional forums;
- Ability to analyze and interpret current socio-psychological and school problems.
- Daily presence at the university
- Teaching less than 5 lectures/seminars (45min) a week
- Schooling app. once a month
- Optional teaching
Deadline for e-applications: 16.6.2020 and 30.9.2020 via https://is.paneurouni.com/prihlaska/?lang=en
All other documents are to be sent by email to Mgr. Sekretarova (email@example.com) or by mail:
- Fakulta psychológie PEVŠ
- Oddelenie vedy
- Mgr. Lenka Sekretárová
- Tomášikova 20
- P.O.BOX 12
- 820 09 Bratislava 29
Required Documents for admission procedure:
- structured curriculum vitae signed
- an officially certified copy of the highest educational achievement certificate (Master’s degree, do not send bachelor diplomas)
- an officially certified copy of a certificate or a State Final Examination Certificate,
- a certified copy of the Diploma Supplement
- officially certified copy of birth certificate (nationality certificate)
- officially certified copy of the marriage certificate (when marriage surname changed)
- a list of your published and unpublished articles, or a list of results of other professional/scientific activities; reviews of these works and activities
- framework project on the topic of the dissertation (consult the supervisor) – the project must contain the objective, theoretical and methodological basis of the research, expected results, list of references.
- proof of payment of the admission fee.
The principles of admission the Faculty of Psychology of Pan-European University, which regulate applications for admission of an applicant for study, are published at the official website faculty (preklik https://www.paneurouni.com/fakulta-psychologie/uradne-informacie/vnutorne-predpisy/)
The basic condition for admission to the doctoral study of the study program “School Psychology” of the study field Psychology is the successful completion of the study program of the second cycle according to § 56 par. 3 of Act no. 131/2002 and successful completion of the entrance exam in accordance with the relevant provisions of Act no. 131/2002. After fulfilling the formal requirements, the candidate will be invited to the entrance exam no later than 7 working days before the event, while notifying them of its content focus. The entrance exam is oral and performed in front of an examination commission appointed by the dean. It usually involves explanation of the framework project- its science problem, methods of solution and expected results.
Date of entrance exam: July and October 2020